VISION, MISSION & VALUES
To worship God.
To follow Christ.
To touch a broken world in His Name.
In pursuing our mission, UCH will always be devoted to being:
CHRIST-CENTRED: The Supremacy of Jesus - Colossians 1:15 - 20
BIBLICAL: Scripture is God-breathed - 2 Timothy 3:14 - 17
CARING: The fellowship of believers - Acts 2:42 - 47
OUTWARD LOOKING: The great commission - Matthew 28:18 - 20
GRACIOUS & GENEROUS IN SPIRIT: The greatest is love - 1 Corinthians 13; Matthew 5:3 - 11
ACCOUNTABLE: Romans 14:12; Luke 16:10-12; James 5:16; Colossians 3:1-2; Matthew 25:15
United Church Hermanus -
Working with Jesus, through the power of His Spirit,
to bring hope and healing to the world.
As a community of Christian believers, we understand that our purpose and mission is to:
• worship God together in spirit and in truth;
• live faithfully as the Body of Christ in the world;
• proclaim the Gospel of God's grace in Christ;
• promote discipleship and fellowship among believers;
• engage in the work of Christian mission and evangelism; and
• stimulate service for the fulfilment of all God's purposes in the world.
Statement of Faith by members
“With Christians throughout the ages we declare our faith in the Triune God -Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - One in the mystery of the Godhead.
• We believe in God the Father, Creator of all things.
• We believe that Jesus Christ is Lord of all, and is Saviour through His atoning life, death and resurrection, and that forgiveness of sin and eternal life come only through faith in Him.
• We acknowledge the Holy Spirit as the Lord and Giver of life, the One who imparts the life of Christ, nurtures the believer in holy living, bestows gifts for service in the Church, and is Teacher and Counsellor in the whole of life.
• We believe the church, both universal and local, is the Body of Christ, a fellowship of believers, the agent of God's purpose in the world and who acknowledge Jesus Christ as head of the church.
• We believe that Christians are called to follow Jesus in a life of integrity and accountability. We believe we are called to a life of service, of witness to and care for others, and the stewardship of God's creation.
• We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and the final authority for faith and practice.”